Joff is an independent CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional who has been working with individuals and businesses in the area for over 20 years.
Industry Registrations, Licenses & Designations
- Has Series 65 registration held through Joffrey Smith Financial Group
- Has Series 6, 7, and 63 registrations
- Life, Accident & Health insurance licenses
- Obtained CFP®; (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™) designation
- CLU®; (Chartered Life Underwriter)
- ChFC®; (Chartered Financial Consultant)
- LUTCF®; (Life Underwriting Training Council Fellow)
- PPC™; (Professional Plan Consultant) designations.
- Investment Advisor Representative, Joffrey Smith Financial Group
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Cornell University
- Degree with Distinction earned for being in the top 10% of class
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from Queen's University
- Certificate in FinTech from Cornell University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from University of Hartford
- Magna Cum Laude graduate with Major in Economics and Finance, and Minor in Sociology.
- Beta Gamma Sigma member, which is an honor society for the best students in accredited business programs
- Recipient of the Senior Book Award, given to the top senior in the Business School.
Community & Charity Involvement
- Joff was the youngest person to ever get elected to the Worcester City Council at age 24
- Served 3 two-year terms representing District 1 from Jan. 2006 - Jan. 2012
- Appointed by the Governor to the Board of Trustees of the State Library of Massachusetts
- President of the Estate & Business Planning Council of Worcester County
- Elected as a Corporator of the Worcester Art Museum
- Co-Chair of the Worcester Art Museum Business Partner Committee
- Board member of the Downtown Worcester Business Improvement District (BID)
- Organized Joff Smith's Celebrity Auction charity event, which raised over $50,000 for
- Worcester area charities
- Boxed in the Give Kids a Fighting Chance charity boxing events to benefit the Worcester Boys
and Girls Club
- Member of The Worcester Economic Club
- Member of the Financial Services Institute
- Helped organize and host Karaoke for a Cure charity event to benefit cancer research
- Board member of the Masonic Angel Fund charity, which provides financial assistance to children in need at local schools
- Steering Committee member of the Worcester Tree Initiative
- Danced in Salsa with Worcester Stars charity event to benefit Centro Las Americas
- Board member of the Hourglass Foundation
- Served on the Board of Worcester Comprehensive Education & Care, Inc.
- Volunteered to help coach Little League baseball teams
- Volunteered to help with Special Olympics
- Qualifying member of the Top of the Table of the Million Dollar Round Table, of which less than 1% of financial advisors worldwide qualify.
- Recipient of the prestigious 40 under Forty award by the Worcester Business Journal.*
- Selected as one of the Top 25 To Watch by Pulse Magazine.*
- Played Division 1 baseball at the University of Hartford.
*40 under Forty honorees nominated by readers and selected by a Worcester Business Journal panel of judges. Top 25 to Watch honorees selected by Pulse Magazine as examples of diligence, strength and drive that can inspire.