Joff is an independent CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional who has been working with individuals and businesses in the area for over 19 years.
Industry Registrations, Licenses & Designations
- Has Series 6, 7, 63 registrations held through Securities America
- Has Series 65 registration held through Joffrey Smith Financial Group
- Life, Accident & Health licenses
- Obtained CFP® (CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™) designation
- CLU® (Chartered Life Underwriter)
- ChFC® (Chartered Financial Consultant)
- LUTCF (Life Underwriting Training Council Fellow)
- PPC™ (Professional Plan Consultant) designations.
- Investment Advisor Representative, Joffrey Smith Financial Group
- Registered Representative, Securities America
- MBA Candidate at Cornell University, 2020-2022
- MBA Candidate at Queen's University, 2020-2022
- Graduate of the University of Hartford.
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.
- Magna Cum Laude graduate with Major in Economics and Finance, and Minor in Sociology.
- Beta Gamma Sigma member, which is an honor society for the best students in accredited business programs
- Recipient of the Senior Book Award, given to the top senior in the Business School.
Community & Charity Involvement
- Joff was the youngest person to ever get elected to the Worcester City Council at age 24.
- Served 3 two-year terms representing District 1 from Jan. 2006 - Jan. 2012.
- Appointed by the Governor to the Board of Trustees of the State Library of Massachusetts.
- Vice President of the Estate & Business Planning Council of Worcester County.
- Elected as a Corporator of the Worcester Art Museum.
- Co-Chair of the Worcester Art Museum Business Partner Committee
- Organized Joff Smith's Celebrity Auction charity event which raised over $50,000 for
- Worcester area charities.
- Boxed in the Give Kids a Fighting Chance charity boxing events to benefit the Worcester Boys
and Girls Club.
- Member of The Worcester Economic Club
- Member of the Financial Services Institute.
- Helped organize and host Karaoke for a Cure charity event to benefit cancer research.
- On the Board of the Masonic Angel Fund charity which provides financial assistance to children in need at local schools.
- Steering Committee member of the Worcester Tree Initiative.
- Danced in Salsa with Worcester Stars charity event to benefit Centro Las Americas.
- On the Board of the Hourglass Foundation.
- Served on the Board of Worcester Comprehensive Education & Care, Inc.
- Volunteered to help coach Little League baseball teams.
- Volunteered to help with Special Olympics.
- Qualifying member of the Court of the Table of the Million Dollar Round Table of which less than 1%
of financial advisors worldwide qualify.*
- Recipient of prestigious 40 under Forty award by the Worcester Business Journal.*
- Selected as one of the Top 25 To Watch by Pulse Magazine.*
- Played Division 1 baseball at the University of Hartford.
*40 under Forty honorees nominated by readers and selected by a Worcester Business Journal panel of judges. Top 25 to Watch honorees selected by Pulse Magazine as examples of diligence, strength and drive that can inspire. Million Dollar Round Table (MDRT) is an independent membership organization of life insurance and financial service professionals. Membership levels are based on commissions, premiums, or fees generated within a year from investment and insurance products. Members must apply annually and pay a fee. Members must be members in good standing of a Professional Association which has met the following criteria: in existence at least 2 years, have 100 or more members, must be a nonprofit organization, must have a code of ethics and an effective means of dealing with breaches of its code. Members must also adhere to the MDRT Code of Ethics.